BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Maybe it's the way I grew up........

I have never really played video games, and I don't really mind. Keith and his siblings, on the the other hand, loved video games and still do. Since we got married Keith hasn't really played much, only a handful of times. I appreciated this because I didn't really want them in the house. I believe that there are more interesting and productive activities in life.

Well, I had heard a lot about the Wii. My in-laws had one and so did a lot of people I knew. After talking about it for a while we decided to give it a try. I thought it sounded different than other video games and would be more interactive.

Well...............so far, its OK. We have Wii fit, Mario party 8, and Wii play. I do enjoy the mario party 8 board game stuff, especially with other people playing with us. The other games are pretty fun too. I guess I just can't see myself using it that much. The way people talk about it, I thought we would play it a ton, but it just isn't that interesting to me still. I feel bad about it sometimes. I know Keith would like to play it more than I want.

My conclusion on the Wii? Eh, its fun, but its still a video game, and I don't want my kids playing them much. Maybe once a week....for an hour....on Saturdays or something. We will see, Keith is good at persuading me, but I want my kids to be healthy and use their minds creatively.

2 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

I can get so into video games, which is why we don't have anything like it (besides a computer) in our home, we would spend all day on it! I agree kids can be doing other things.

A Date with Pinterest said...

I'm with you sista!! I was never a big video game fan- but I don't think Bryan was either... We're down to playing maybe once a week now- I was thinking about getting Just Dance or a work out game... we shall see though!