BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weaning - 1 Me - 0

So I have started weaning Elli. As of yesterday she is totally not nursing and is on whole milk. A couple weeks early, i know, but she was ready and willing so I took advantage. We were down to nursing twice a day, so I didn't figure it would be too bad. She is doing great, I'm not! This is nothing emotional, although I do love cuddling with her. I just never knew it could be this uncomfortable! I worked today with toddlers and infants, and I could hardly hold them! I am so tender and full that any bump kills!

I hope this doesn't last long........it really stinks..........

3 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

Aww I am really sorry. I weaned Eleanor at 3 months because she wasn't taking well and it was such a slow transition that I didn't even hurt. I think if my next one takes I will take the weaning process nice and slow- like 3 months out. Cuz I didn't have one probably with being sore, and I slowly stopped producing milk.

That is not fun at all and I hope it gets better!

Kimba said...

Oh! Oh! It really is so painful! If you wear a super tight sports bra, like really really tight that you can barely breath it helps alot. That and ice packs!! Kylie has some great ones you can put right in your bra. I bet she would lend them to you. It does go away give it a couple days though. It took me about a week to feel totally normal again but I still to this day leak a little sometimes but it doesn't hurt anymore. Don't give up though it only gets better after the first two days. :) Good luck!

A Date with Pinterest said...

Ohhh, I feel ya girl! That was me a couple months ago.... Hang in there!